Welcome to the Take Care Utah Volunteer Network!
At the TCU Volunteer Network, in partnership with United Way of Salt Lake, we focus on helping the communities involved in the Promise Neighborhoods around the Salt Lake Valley.
Our main ways of helping are:
- Enrollment assistance: We help families apply for Medicaid, CHIP, UPP, and PCN.
- Understanding their benefits: Once they are enrolled we help people understand what it means to have health insurance, and how to use it.
- Referral system: If the people that we are serving do not qualify for health insurance, we will refer them to other partners to get health services for free or at an affordable price, as well as other
services related to their health.
Although our main population of focus is the United Way of Salt Lake’s Promise Neighborhood families, we partner with many different organizations and communities that want to participate either receiving our assistance, or wanting to provide more volunteer opportunities through our program.
We are always open to partner with more places, and most of the time welcome all volunteers with a desire to learn and help. You don’t need to know anything previously to volunteering. We will train you and provide all the tools you need to be an effective Enrollment Assister in any of our sites around the Salt Lake Valley.
Some of our amazing partners include:
From volunteering with us we can promise you the following:
- You will gain a greater understanding of the Medicaid and general social services application process in the state of Utah.
- Learn and understand the Affordable Care Act, or more commonly known as Obamacare.
- See and discover new areas and a rich diverse population in the Salt Lake City area, by having direct contact with the underserved populations we serve.
- If you are a student, we would love to recommend you according to your work done with us.
- Have a meaningful experience that will amplify your view and understanding of the needs of our community.
For more information and/or to become a volunteer with us, contact Luis Rios at email@example.com.
We would love to have you be part of our amazing team!